[Profile]


Name: Allec Ribeiro.
Age: 21 years old.
Birthday: 08/06/1991.
Bio: I like videogames and old anime.

[Archives]


Click here to see all old posts, sorted by month (but in a single page), and maybe a little more.


[Links]


My Backloggery
Konoha Cosplay
Poring Pelters
Smash Bros. DOJO!


[Partners]


Dead Like Me
Angevon's Fantasy Life
Snowdrop-Suu


[Credits]


Blogger
Enterbrain
[9/12/2010]


(This is an old post, from the old version of this blog. I did not update it in any way.)

So, I've been playing Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. I've had prejudice against this series for a long, long time, despite having played Chain of Memories in the GBA, but Birth by Sleep did something right from the start: it has acceptable character designs. Likeable, even.

I mean, look at this:



Now look at this:



I don't know about you, but I definitely see some improvement.

That said, I still think Kingdom Hearts has a very silly plotline that takes itself too seriously. Too much darkness, hearts and friendship shenanigans, I guess.

As a matter of fact, I actually held back from playing this for a little bit just because of how silly the first scene was. Something like this:

Ven: Where do the stars come from, where do the light comes from?

Aqua: Huh...

Terra: The stars are other worlds but you are just a kid.

Ven: No I'm not!

Terra: Yes you are.

Ven: Am not!

Terra: Yes you are you totally are.

Aqua: Oh, you two are two silly brothers!

All: Hahahaha!

Cue orphan plot trinket.

Honestly, I think this thing about friendship and love works better in japanese.

But the game itself is surprisingly good, and this one brings the focus to Disney, something past games didn't seem to do very much. The gameplay is very deep, there a lot of fun minigames (I simply can't stop playing Command Board), a solid online... yep, a good game right there.

One thing I noticed, though, is that the story progression is exactly like in Dissidia: Final Fantasy; that is, dungeon > cutscene > dungeon > boss battle > cutscene > another world. I guess I'd better get used to it in Squeenix games, huh?

I'm playing this at my own pace, so don't expect many updates on my progress.

Currently, I'm looking for trinkets to put in Cinderella's dress. Fun!

Labels:



Por Allec Ribeiro às [11:52 AM]


0 comments